Pages

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Uncle Thoo

I really miss my uncle thoo today! He is approaching 60, full of sense of humour, fatherly, cheerful and just someone you would love talking to. I miss the way he called me Ying Ying, how he will always tell me his childhood stories, how he just say.."Oh no..you're not fat" whenever i refused chocolate in his home, how he is always telling me to introduce him to my boyfriend so he could help examine him, above all i love the way that he has somehow treated me like his daughter.

He has 3 children..all of whom have grown up and seems to be too very busy for their old man. He lives with his wife and although i always see nothing but the joyous old man that he is, i know that he is lonely and missed his children terribly. But being a good father, he would set them free knowing that they are happy. He doesnt see them often..after all New York and UK are not exactly like Kuching and Sibu.

Few months back..he scared the hell out of us when he was admitted into the hospital. My dad even went back just to visit him. Thank god he made it through. Thank god for not taking away my uncle thoo. I cant describe the fear and relief that surged through me after i heard that he has made a speedy recovery.

My love for this old man exceeded any bond i have felt for my father's extended family. Weird as it sounds, uncle thoo feels more like family to me than anyone else in kuching.I know i will always adore this old man..this old man who seems to understand me a lot even though he doesnt see me often, this old man whose words i can really relate to despite the age difference, this old man i will always come to regard as another fatherly figure in my life, this old man who will always have a big place in my heart.

Dearest uncle thoo, may you always be in the pink of health. Oh no..you said pink was not enough! Red HOT then!!





2 comments:

Kraznky said...

I didn't know you used to live on trees?

You probably should pay him a visit during your semester break =).

and then buy some kolo mee back for me !!!! I'm not fat

Dreamyfier said...

Trees? haha..u shud see kuching for yur self. Then u can eat kolo mee there..i'm sure u're not fat.