Pages

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Hard to believe!

Just had lunch with 2 friends from Beijing. They told me so much about China that i just cant believe.

Unbelievable thing no. 1 , the prices of property. Apparently they told me 1 square metres cost RMB38000.An AVERAGE apartment cost RMB 2 million, a house cost RMB 10 million, a luxurios one cost RMB 20 million onwards. I'm like.."WHAT!!". If you can earn only an average of RMB 20000-30000 yearly,how can it cost so much to buy a house? What a precious lesson on price and value!

Unbelievable thing no. 2, we all have heard about the one child policy right. Apparently, if u want to have a second child, what ppl do is that they go to HK or US to give birth. And the whole process should be illegal and can cost about RMB 2 million onwards..Its amazing that ppl will go to such extent just because they want to have another offspring..Dont know what to say really.

Unbelievable thing no. 3, i speak mandarin like Hongkie. No way..my pronunciation is better.

But all in all.. I'm sure China is an interesting place. I'm even thinking to go to TeoChew and see what kind of place my great grandparents came from. Maybe the whole village is full of ppl with the surname Tan. Erm..interesting.

2 comments:

Kraznky said...

Since when you made friends from beijing?

let;s go to shanghai end of june!

World expo 2010!

RM2400!!

JOM!!!

Dreamyfier said...

haha sure! its a yes if u cover all my expenses! JOM!