Pages

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The Passionate 22

The idea that i'm already 22 definitely has not settled in me. Every year i feel as if i get cooler and calmer about celebrating my birthday.. excited in some way but just not as thrilled as i was younger. I either want something entirely different, or just a simple celebration with family and close friends. But this year while i go from 21 to 22, my thoughtful friends have given me one of the best celebrations ever. Not because they bring me to classy expensive restaurant, not that they shower me with luxurious gifts, not that they invited the whole village to come but the very fact that they went out of their normal way to give me a memorable 22.

It was a surprise! They brought me to Agathians. Agathians is a shelter for underprivileged children and where i go every Sunday for activities with the kids.It is the very place where i have discovered my passion for children.Its the place and the bunch of kids that inspired me to do more than i'm doing right now.Let me just say, the kids are definitely not angelic and they can be mean,annoying and sometimes really rude. But despite everything, i know i love them..each and everyone of them.I love it when Ah Choo comes to me with his toy truck in one hand and grab my hand in his other free hand and tells me that, "i love u teacher".I doubt he knows what it means..but it was still very nice.I was so happy when Chee Keong starts being polite and take my advise to read "Around the world in 80 days". I was so moved when Hari insisted on giving me his Transformer (Its still in my car). I smiled when Poobalan will suddenly just jumped onto my lap and ask me about the blue wolf story i read to him. It makes me feel excited listening to the way Siddha talked about our AIESEC interns and some footballer whose name i dont remember. I'm so relieved when finally Bosmani is able to open up to me instead of being mean every time.

I have made so much memories with them.And i would like to think and hope that i was able to bring to them some positive changes in whatever way. Although sometimes i really feel these kids taught me so much more than i have ever taught them. And it means the world to be able to celebrate my birthday with them. To listen to their birthday song, to look at the birthday card they wrote to me ( My name goes from Yine Ling to Ming Ling, and u have happy brithe day..got bellse u and etc), to look at the birthday cake they held for me..it feels so right!

So thank you my pang pang and friends..it was one heck of a celebration!
I love u all..i really do!

They insist on blindfolding me! Surprise surprise..

22 years old so blow 2 candles i guess?!

Thrilled!
Birthday card


I love u all!

1 comments:

KhaMun.C said...

i know we know everybody knows, hahahha! we love you too!! =))