Pages

Sunday, January 20, 2008

When At Work

It is very interesting the kind of people and things that you can come across at work.Even though i would think that my job revolves around a very small circle of people,they never fail to surprise you.So there was this little boy,okay form 1 boy whom i have been given the noble responsibility to babysit him,okay keep an eye on him while he waits for his mum.God,this has immediately transfered back to my form 1.I remembered how my dad has almost forbidden me to go to sport house practice just because i have to walk to school alone.I dun remember how i always managed to go in the end and most definitely why i wanted to go in the 1st place as i was never exactly that keen on sports.Or the countless lecture of walking against the traffic,beware of strangers,or be alert that kind of thing...of course i understand perfectly well the purpose of all that my parents did and i accepted it willingly but then again i vividly remembered how it feels like to be the super protected child in front of your friends.It must have been awkward and embarassing.So taking his feelings into consideration,i didnt want to make him feel uneasy as if some one has to babysit him..so i just keep some distance and survey anything before me.Then,i start to have some really casual conversation with him.Every question i asked came back with merely a 1 or 2 words answer.And every inch i step closer to him,he would just naturally back away few feets to the extent i fear he would just run off on me.Thankfully he didnt,we waited together for 20 minutes.I was just so amused at him,and cant stop wondering if i was the same when i was his age...and i thought...nah...I CANT be!!

Then again there was these 2 indians who seemed to be like father and son.As soon as i opened the door,the son just came trampling all over the place in his shoes...and he didnt seem to understand my request for him to take off his shoes..And this man start showing me some card with a coffee name on it.Then only i understand these 2 are trying to sell me stuff..It was so hard to understand their english that i have to strain my ears so much.And as i politely declined,he was just so insistent that i at least try the tester or something...i was like HELL NO!!I'm taking no drinks from a stranger besides they hardly look like any salesman.I went on for minutes trying to tell him no...in the end he would only leave when i promise to take down his numbers and have people to phone him if they are interested...As if that wasnt enough he still pester me for a while before i politely hold the door...indicating that i want them to leave. God..what is wrong with them, when people say no to you shouldnt you just smile say thank you and leave?And most importantly don go dirtying my spotless floor with your shoes....Later on i told my boss about it and saw his face..and after all his advise on what to do next time,i suddenly realise how the situation could have easily gone bad..while making a mental note for myself to not open door to any salesman..i really think that all of us especially the girls should keep our guards up more often these days.So as for my job,it is at a very stagnant stage as in you go through the same routine days after days,listen to the same music on my mp3,and always be in the constant dilemma of what to eat for lunch...but anyway i guess i have adapted to the lifestyle pretty good.I guess when some thing or place becomes your sanctuary,you ll look forward to it.

0 comments: