Pages

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Sri Nobel

"Wishing Well"


The crowd


He was all smiley just not able to capture it.


Melia,me and Michelle


Glad to have met her

Sri Nobel is actually a private institution of learning consisting of kindergarten,primary and secondary school which is located right in my neighbourhood but i have not once set foot in it or paid any attention to it.Things changed when Melia asked me to join some volunteering work to help out during the school's carnival.

Despite my lack of sleep,i still felt rather awaked when i was there plus it really was a pleasant surprise to see Michelle there as i haven't seen her since i stop math tuition.Michelle isn't from Melia's church,i guess both of us really did feel a little awkward in the beginning well at least i did.It really reminds me of the 1st day of school,people travelling in groups.I always wondered why is it that people tend to mingle only within their own fixed social circle,they greet,have polite conversation but never really open up.I can always feel whether someone is very reserved or open to making new friendship during 1st conversation,i guess thats first impression.

Anyway going back,i was assigned to help in the " Wishing Well" game which basically involves the kids dropping 1 cent coin into the plastic saucers placed inside the aquarium filled with water.At first i was worried thinking that this game would be a little bit boring even for children but then again i was proved wrong when i saw how the children was lightened up with bright smile when i handed them the 1 cent coins and patiently gave simple instructions.I was overwhelmed with the joy and laughters that these kids have brought to me.So i cheerfully high five with them when they win the game and comforted them to try again when they lose.At some point,i couldn't pick up the coins from the aquarium as fast as they throw it in.In fact some of them literally throw the coins in and splash water onto my face.I was very amused and cheered by these young and innocent souls but that doesn't stop my back from aching as i have to constantly hunch so that these little angels and devils can hear me.

The event ended about noon time.Although feeling exhausted i was very satisfied for having done something meaningful and happy for being able to spend some quality time with my friends.I really am determined to do this more often as i really like it!!

0 comments: